Friday, December 2, 2022

Quick Sips 12/02/2022

Still here. Still trying. That’s basically my mantra as we move toward the end of the year. There’s a lot yet to do (so, so much yet to do), but I’m determined to do it, and to maybe catch myself up some. Patrons will have noticed that I slid way behind on Sips of the Week, and I’m starting to catch back up. Hopefully I’ll manage to close the year out strong on that. Some other things are still in the works. My recommended reading list is A Mess. My extra projects likewise. But I have gotten through worse. I will get through this. Thank you so much to everyone’s support during all this. You’re wonderful.

In other me news, I have more smut coming out. So far the first of my Spandex and Superpowers stories, “Defying Gravity,” has released, and my very explicit but also very fun fairy tale twist “Riding Red” has dropped. December will see the science fiction “Beta Tester” release as well as the second of the Spandex and Superpowers stories, “How the Supervillain Stole Christmas.” I’ve also turned in the stories that will release in January—“Comic Book Romance” and “The Assistant’s Contraption.” It is nice to have these out again, and it’ll be great to have everything out in one place. Woo.

In media, I’m a bit lost in terms of things to watch. We rewatched the BBC Marple show with the two different actor’s playing the lead role. We tend to watch and rewatch Bee and Puppycat during lunch because it’s just so great. We’ve been fans of the series since it first released, and I should see if I have all of the comics because apparently those are collector’s items if the price on Amazon is anything to go on. But we’re not really sure what to watch next. We’re caught up on most of our mysteries and such, have seen all the canon Star Trek, and hmm. I’m not watching the latest season of Grantchester because no thanks to gay indecency trials and the queer guy going to prison. I want to keep watching Star Trek Prodigy but episode 10 seems to be missing? I need to look more into that.

Anyway, we tentatively started watching Monk because I remember enjoying it but it’s…not aged well we’ll say. Go figure. Maybe it gets better in other seasons, but so far… ouch. Anyway, we’ll figure something out.

I’m still playing Breath of the Wild and quite enjoying it. Because I don’t tend to get long stretches of time to play it’s probably hilarious because I’m mostly just exploring and generally fucking around and finding out. Lots of dying, but it’s still lots of fun. I do like that there’s the autosave so even dying dramatically isn’t he worst thing in the world (and I do die dramatically fairly often). I’m not sure I’m at the point where I could write fic about it, but it’s rather enjoyable as a whole. Indeed.

Anyway, that’s about it for me. I hope all is well with you! Cheers!

---

Support Quick Sip Reviews on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment