Friday, October 7, 2022

Quick Sips 10/07/2022

We made it to October! Spooky season can officially begin! Though in truth, I’m not 100% sure I know how to celebrate. At the moment, I’m trying to enjoy that we recently bought a new bed frame (our first big “adult” furniture purchase), which is indeed quite nice. Unfortunately, our dog Leia has been sick and that has meant having to clean a lot of carpet with Resolve and ewwwwww. Anyway, that aside, I’m also rather deep into a number of projects and trying to take moments to appreciate just how awesome it is to have a gold Ignyte Award medal of my very own (so cool!). I’m here, trying to try.

Media-wise, I have to eat my words a little as Star Trek Lower Decks did have a DS9 episode with Kira and Quark and it was lots of fun. Rather sad we’ll no longer get to have Odo return (or Nog). Sad days indeed. After the flurry of Star Trek, we moved onto Dead End Paranormal Park, which was a lot of fun (I had seen it before but got to watch it with Matt so bonus points). I think it’s getting a second season soon so looking forward to that. Not sure what we’ll watch in the immediate future. Maybe Star Trek Discovery. Hmm. We’ll see.

I also finally got through maxing out people’s magic in FFVI (except Gau) and so got to push forward to the floating continent and the incredibly annoying dungeon that turned out to be. Just SO MANY random encounters, and many of them annoying as heck. But I got through them, and beat the boss, and waited for Shadow. The world entered Chaos mode and Celes woke up after sleeping for a year in the care of Cid (shudder). Saving Cid was no doubt THE WORST THING because for a long time I didn’t get that the thing is timed, so I would start getting closer and then get frustrated and try to figure out what I was doing wrong which turned out to be the problem. You just have to run the entire time it’s bullshit. Anyway I got through it only to promptly die in the first random encounter in the new area (one character and got petrified so instant KO) before I thought to save and ARGHHHHHHH

But anyway, that’s how that’s going. I’m excited to enter into the end mode of the game, and truly overpower myself. We’ll see how that goes, and then I’ll have to decide what to play next. I really need to read some more comic books, but it seems like every time I’m going to have time to carve out, disaster strikes and I am left with severe inability to do much other than be a vegetable. Sigh. I’ll hope to get back to that soon so I can finish up Wolverine Origins and begins Excalibur! I want to, believe me!

Anyway, no real discourse from me this week. Things were mostly quiet and though I saw some things I could revisit (should authors read a venue before submitting there?), I’m just not going to because I do not have the energy right now. Imagine a really good hot take, though. And that’s about it! I can’t believe we’re getting this close to the end of the year. SHIT! Ahem. I mean, uh…yeah. Anyway, I hope all is well with you! Cheers!

---

Support Quick Sip Reviews on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment