Saturday, November 20, 2021

2021 Awards Eligibility Post - Charles Payseur and Quick Sip Reviews

In many ways, 2020 was supposed to be my swan song. I was planning to cut back and give myself more time for other projects that weren't reviewing. In that, dear readers, I failed. Miserably. Instead, I've made 2021 the busiest year to date for me and reviewing. I've already covered over 1500 works of short SFF, and by the end of the year I expect that number will be over 1700. So...it's still I guess rather front and center that I make an eligibility post both for my work as a writer (more on that in a bit) and as a fan writer. To that, I am eligible for...

The Hugo Awards - Best Fan Writer - Charles Payseur
The Hugo Awards - Best Fanzine - Quick Sip Reviews

Any other award that covers blogging, reviewing, or similar

Now, for this my body of work is most evident here at Quick Sip Reviews, where every week this year I have covered a whole slew of works, plus added commentary on life and other things that I'm doing, watching, reading, etc. I also write on my Patreon, for free and exclusively for Patrons. I had five X Marks the Story posts at The Book Smugglers. I have done a number of interviews. To say at this point that I am prolific in my fan work is not to understate things. Being Midwestern, it's easy to think humility is to downplay the work I've done but to be honest, give that the year has nearly broken me in ways I wasn't even expecting, I do want to say that what I have done is perhaps without precedent. Not only over 1000 reviews, but well over that mark. It's...a lot. 

And that's not even all this year. I also had a number of stories out, mostly in my collection, The Burning Day and Other Strange Stories. Which itself is eligible for awards that honor collections. Plus I'm not an editor! Eep! But first for writing, I am eligible for...

Short Story Awards - "Just Toonin'" in The Burning Day and Other Strange Stories
Short Story Awards - "Door Thirteen" in The Burning Day and Other Strange Stories
Short Story Awards - "Little Blue Men" in The Burning Day and Other Strange Stories

Collection Awards - The Burning Day and Other Strange Stories (Lethe Press)

And finally, as stated, I'm now series editor for We're Here: The Best Queer Speculative Fiction so I should say that I'm eligible for...

Anthology Awards - We're Here: The Best Queer Speculative Fiction 2020 ed. C.L. Clark, series ed. Charles Payseur (Neon Hemlock Press)

Short Fiction Editor Awards - C.L. Clark & Charles Payseur (We're Here: The Best Queer Speculative Fiction 2020)

And there you have it. Consider my hat officially in the ring for all the things. Thank you for your time and consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment