Saturday, July 23, 2016

Quick Thoughts - Updates, Announcements, and Plans

So I feel like it's been a bit of a busy summer for me. Since May I've had almost a thing out a week until the end of June/beginning of July. Which is good news for people wanting all the things by me but also has been rather exhausting for trying to keep up with everything. You can, of course, head over to the My Work!!! to check out anything you might have missed. But I thought I would also take this time to give people some me-things to look forward to.

First up, my Patreon is up and I've hit my first goal to continue with at least 4 review-posts a week for Quick Sip Reviews. And I'm about 3/4 of the way to hitting my next goal for the Liver Beware! series of Drunk Goosebumps reviews. I've done a freebie to give people a taste of what those will be like for Escape from the Carnival of Horrors. So that's rather exciting.

In other news, it looks like my story, "What Dora Saw" will finally be seeing the light of day in the Another Dimension anthology which has an official release for the beginning of September. This is a story that's...been in development a while. But it involves a psychic, the ocean, and some disgusting mac n' cheese.

I've also sold a story to F*CKING LIGHTSPEED MAGAZINE!!! The title will probably change but it's a contemporary sci-fantasy featuring a queer Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed and is a bit dark I will admit. This was the first story that I got to workshop with my writing group, the Chippewa Valley S.P.A.C.E.C.A.T.s and it turned into a pro sale, so I've super excited about that. We're not a huge group, but we are an amazing group, so I only hope that the success for us continues.

I also have a bunch of smut news. My story, "Defying Gravity," will be appearing in the Dreamspinner Press Starstruck anthology! This is a superhero story and I'm 90% through production on it so it's rather close to being completely done. I actually liked writing that one so much that I decided to do a quasi-follow up set in the same world as a Christmas story and just found out that it will be appearing as part of Dreamspinner's Advent Calendar this year. It's a supervillain story titled, adorably, "How the Supervillain Stole Christmas." I must say that I completely love writing superhero stories, and these two are super cute and hopefully people find them enjoyable and fun. "Defying Gravity" doesn't really get too steamy but "How the Supervillain Stole Christmas" definitely has some naughty bits. So yeah, all that.

My m/m/m erotic SFF story, "Riding Red," will be showing up this year, too, in Less Than Three's Fairy Tales Slashed Vol. 8. It's, you guessed it, a take on Little Red Riding Hood only add in crossdressing, shifters, deadly witches, and a man named Jack. There's magic and there's decapitations and there's lots of sex.

As for upcoming projects? Well, I'm working on a few short stories right now that I hope might spread their wings and fly. And I'm working on a novella that I would describe as Mech-Suit Queer Arthurian Retelling Set in a Second World Fantasy. So if that's something that sounds interesting, well, cross your fingers that I can finish it and sell it. But yeah, that's it from me for now. I hope to have more to report soon. Until then, though, thanks for reading!

All the best,

Charles Payseur

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on everything, especially the Lightspeed sale! Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed? SIGN ME UP.

    ReplyDelete